Business owners along East Main Street are excited to see signs that the Dollar General store relocation and expansion they’ve waited for so long will soon bring new life and hope to the depressed looking area.
Friday, Oct 23
Wednesday, Oct 28
Construction is also underway for a new Dollar General store on the hilltop along MO-7 where Advantage Real Estate office used to be.
Monster.com reported in March this year that Dollar General would open 730 new stores in 2015 and remodel 875 others. Such an aggressive expansion plan opens the door to several job opportunities.
Dollar General will be hiring sales associates, cashiers, stockers, shift leaders, assistant, store and district managers, store merchandisers, warehouse supervisors, operations managers and inbound/outbound managers among others.
Salary and benefits
- Average entry-level positions pay $8 to $9 per hour.
- Supervisory and managerial positions pay $12 to $18 per hour.
- Rates and bonuses increase depending on skills and experience.
- Regular overtime and holiday rates.
- Raises, bonuses, free products and item discounts.
Check out Monster’s job listings from Dollar General Stores in Missouri here, and the Dollar General Newsroom for up-to-date reports on careers and company business, including financials and community service projects.